3.05.2011

Aloha Friday (part deux): Featured Artist

Hi friends!! Man, am I on fire today, or what??  I finally got my internet connection up and running but more on that little adventure later...

For now, as part of my ALOHA FRIDAY  posts I'll be showcasing artists from Hawaii or living in Hawaii and their artwork.

I'm a huge supporter of doing what you love and wanted to give recognition to those who inspire me to find what it is exactly I LOVE doing and to go for it!

My first featured artist is Sarah Robin Lamarca, whom I've known since high school. Enjoy!

Featured Artist: Sarah Robin Lamarca
Robin and Boyfriend Tyler

What is your art (what do you create)?
My art consists of painting, drawing, and photography: digital and film.


A drawing for a friend

How long have you been doing this?
I have been doing art ever since I was a little girl. In high school I took drafting classes and loved drawing, but it wasn't until after high school that I wanted to pursue photography.


Film Photography- Tyler Surfing

What are your personal and artistic inspirations?
My personal inspirations come from my father and two professors who teach in the UH system; Russell Sunabe, who is the most incredible fine arts professor at Kapi'olani Community College, and Stan Tomita. Stan is a photography instructor at the University of Hawai'i at Manoa who I admire and respect so much for his patience with his students. My artistic inspiration comes from studying other local artists such as Heather Brown (painter), Matt Bruening (designer), and Chanelle Gallafant (photographer).


Digital Photography

Any other tid-bits of info you want others to know?
I am currently reading The Hidden Reality by Brian Greene. I'm infatuated with the cosmos and the idea of parallel universes. It helps put my life into perspective. I also make jewelry as a hobby. When you're on a budget most of the time like me, it becomes cheaper to make your own things :) Plus it's always fun to look for shells after the high tides.


Painting titled Underwater Series (acrylic on canvas)

And for fun- what is your fave ice cream flavor and where would you go on your dream vacation?
Favorite ice cream flavor, hands down, would have to be cookie down. I can't get enough! As for my dream vacation, I have always wanted to travel to New Zealand with my boyfriend. Maybe just to live there long enough to pick up a cool accent :D

Contact info:

Unitl next time friends, enjoy the rest of your weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Gorgeous!

Thanks for reading. I love hearing from my readers so please share what's on your mind!

{Be sure to set up your email address so I can reply! I try to respond to each and every comment, usually via email. Don't worry, no one sees your email but me and I only use it to respond to comments. If you are a no-reply-blogger than I'll just respond within the post, so be sure and check back!}

Pin It button on image hover