6.11.2012

Purge Purge Purge

Before Phillip was born we did what we wanted, whenever we wanted.  Sure, there were some boundaries but for the most part if we wanted to get frozen yogurt after dinner, we got frozen yogurt.  If I wanted to run after work, I ran after work!

But nowadays we need to plan, plan, and plan some more and schedule schedule schedule EVERYTHING.

I find myself getting frustrated because it’s hard to keep up with everything. 

Between taking care of Phillip and my husband, I have no time to take care of myself or our home!

My husband is a great help but there is so much to do, I can’t even imagine what it would be like on my own.

We’re moving at the end of July so I also have this huge "urge to purge" (it's only in quotation marks because it rhymes) a lot of our belongings. 

I recently got rid of some old clothes.  One afternoon I decided to clean out our coat closet (yes, we have one of those in Hawaii) and I ended up donating 20+ jackets/sweaters!!

How does one accumulate so much?

Photobucket

Well, for starters, I had multiple college sweatshirts.  And by multiple I mean at least 5.

I also had about 5 cardigans, 4 non college zip-ups and/or hoodies, 3 jackets (not in any other category) and 2 winter coats (don't judge me).

It was such an obscene amount of stuff I just did not need.

Seriously, why would I need that many jackets in Hawaii???

Photobucket

I also tossed out a lot of my pre-pregnancy clothes.  If it didn’t fit or I didn’t love it, out it went!

A lot of my clothes didn’t fit anymore but that’s OK.  I didn’t allow myself to sit and ponder about what “used to be”.  

Photobucket

Along with clothes we have also gotten rid of useless kitchen gadgets, piles of junk mail, old DVDs, and shoes.  We want to move into our new apartment with only the things we love, no room for junk!

Maybe I’ll make that my new life motto- “I only have room for things I love, no more room for junk!”

Do you think you have a lot of clutter in your home/life?

Or are you pretty good about "purging" and tossing things you've accumulated? Any tips you'd like to share?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Gorgeous!

Thanks for reading. I love hearing from my readers so please share what's on your mind!

{Be sure to set up your email address so I can reply! I try to respond to each and every comment, usually via email. Don't worry, no one sees your email but me and I only use it to respond to comments. If you are a no-reply-blogger than I'll just respond within the post, so be sure and check back!}

Pin It button on image hover